ConnectAbility of MN has partnered with Lyft to provide the CONNECTION between getting a ride from Lyft and using your waiver or grant funds for payment.
- Easy App
- Schedule your own rides
- Ride cost is covered on your waiver or grant
Call to learn more about getting signed up with ConnectAbility of MN for your Lyft rides. 320.253.0765
We are excited to help you have control of your own rides and schedule and be able to have your waiver or grant pay for the rides.
You can choose:
- Use the Lyft App for a public driver
- Have a prearranged driver for you
If you use the Lyft App for a public driver they will pick you and deliver you to your destination without any special arrangements.
If you use a prearranged driver we set you up with one person that will be your dedicated driver. We will set that up with you through our office, not the Lyft App
- ConnectAbility of MN Release of Information and Consent Form
- ConnectAbility of MN Eligibility, Participation Requirements, Risks Form
Click on the HOW TO BE A LYFT RIDER PHOTO to the right to learn more about how to use Lyft.
RIDER VOLUNTEER TRAINER INFORMATION
We want to ensure the safety and confidence of our riders. We have created a Rider Volunteer Trainer program.
This is a great experieince for the trainer and the rider to meet someone new, share knowledge and be part of the success of the program. You can train as many or few as you like.
This training allows the riders have a safe way to learn, one on one, how to use Lyft for the freedom of transportation.
What is involved for the trainer:
- Each volunteer go through a virtual training with ConnectAbility of MN
- Meet the rider at thier location of choice
- Assist rider with Lyft app, how to schedule a ride, ride with them, schedule a return ride. We pay a stipened of $25 per training.
- Volunteer Trainer Aplication
- Pass a background check
- Complete Volunteer Trainer training cirtually.
CARE GIVER/CASE MANAGER INFORMATION
There are safety features as part of Lyft:
- The rider will know what car is coming
- The rider will know the driver’s name
- The rider can watch on the app the route the driver is taking as they approach them
- 2 addresses can be preprogramed into the app
- The caregiver can see, in live time, the trip route, the driver’s name and car description.
- The rider can see how much is left on their monthly allowance
- Additional personal funds can be used for extra rides
- We can work to arrange a personal assigned driver for a rider
**Case Mangers here is the REFERRAL FORM
Click on the CareGiver Photo to the left to learn more about Lyft
BE A DRIVER
Join us to be the solution to the transportation crisis in MN. Become a Lyft driver and help those in your own community. ANYONE can be a Lyft driver.
Being a Lyft driver does not mean you are giving rides to strangers, you get to control who and when you choose to give someone a ride. The people using this service are you own neighbors.
- You can choose to be a general driver and pick up anyone in need of a ride
- You can be a preassigned driver to a person in your community. You would only drive that person to their doctor appointments or the store or to work.
- You know who you are picking up before you accept to give the ride.
- You get to make extra income doing something that makes a LIFE CHANGING difference to someone else.
The rides you will be providing will be allowing people in your community the opportunity to have a safe and consistent ride to a job or a store or a doctor’s visit that otherwise would not be available to them.
Click on the DRIVER Photo to the left to learn more about how sign up as a Lyft driver.
To learn more, register and sign up to be a driver click the bule button below.